It is a great pleasure to notify you about my recently opened Medical Clinic, called Yu Diabetes & Internal Medicine Clinic, which is located just 3 minutes walk from JR Ofuna railway station, the Ofuna east bus terminal, and the Shonan monorail station.
Yu clinic is a diabetes clinic specializing in the treatment of metabolic diseases including hypertension, dyslipidemia, hyperuricemia (gout), and metabolic syndrome or obesity. Additionally, as an Internal Medicine Clinic, we also treat patients presenting with various medical conditions including common colds, influenza, allergic rhinitis, headache, vertigo or dizziness, sleep disturbance, and kidney disorders.
Our mission and goals
- We offer the best available individualized diabetes care for each patient, taking into careful consideration that new drugs and technologies are not necessarily the best options for all patients. Initially, we discuss with individual patients and caregivers their preferences and priorities in life, and then select the best treatment options, respecting the autonomy of and the preferences of each patient.
- We offer a holistic approach to medical treatment, since a patient is a person who suffers from not only diseased organs, but also with complex interactions of diseases or disorders. Also, we aim to establish a long-term relationship with our patients, since they may face multiple medical problems as they become older. We aim to treat any such ongoing issues and strive to prevent further deterioration.
- We collaborate with other clinics, hospitals, and pharmacies in order to avoid ineffective and duplicated treatment. When necessary, we refer patients to secondary and tertiary care hospitals, according to their needs.
- We provide medical information and education to medical students, residents, and health care personnel to mentor the next generation of medical health-care professionals.
- We will present medical information or data from our daily medical activity to Scientific Associations, both domestic and international, in order to contribute to the advancement of medical knowledge.
Yuko Watanabe, MD, FJSIM, FACP